Portón de Campo Portón de Campo / / gallery 
20131202uy01
Colonia's historical City Gate, originally constructed in 1745 by the Portuguese from their nearby colony of Brazil. At the time - and while the Portuguese had originally established the town - control see-sawed between them and the Spanish Empire, until Uruguay became independant from both in 1828.
LOCATION: Colonia del Sacremento
DATE: Mon, 02/12/2013
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 16 | ... | 26
« start    < prev    .    next >    end »