Castle Cornet Castle Cornet / / gallery 
20140525gg10
Castle Cornet, from across the model yacht pond on the harbour pier. Built as an island fort in the 13th century, it was rebuilt in 1548, and housed the Governor of Guernsey until 1672. The castle was permanently linked to the town by pier after the Napoleonic Wars.
LOCATION: St. Peter Port
DATE: Sun, 25/05/2014
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
« start    < prev    .    next >    end »